Parent-Child

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Parent-Child

Postby Gobio » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:50 pm

Hi:
I want to make a database with a Sub-Menu-like view. How can I make the following:
Record 1 Name: Vegetables.
This record should have a (+) sign or whatever indicating there are some items or fields "inside" the record Vegetables, for example, Potato, Beans, Lettuce etc.
Record 2 Name: Fruits.
The same as vegetables, but the pop up menu do not have vegetables, but fruit names, for example, Orange, apple etc.

So when I open up the database, that I should name...LIST, I will only see two records: (+) Vegetables and (+) Fruits.
If I click, for example, (+) Vegetables, the pop up will show a list of items...so I want to select Beans, and then show up some information on Beans, for example, Calories, Origen, Types etc.

I just dont find a way to make this view, arrangement of fields...I am completely lost on this. Please help me, and thank you in advance.
Gobio.
Gobio

Re: Parent-Child

Postby dhaupert » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:14 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your question. Our popup field type supports this right in the popup editor. You can create an item to be a sub item of another by pressing the right arrow to make it a child of the item above it in the list. Then you'd see a behavior very similar to what you're describing!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase General Discussion