Search field in Mac desktop

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Search field in Mac desktop

Postby coffeebean » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:59 am

Hello,
I am using the current version of handbase for ipad and the Mac desktop version and in the previous version I could set a search field on the ipad and this would be available on the desktop application? Am I missing something or is this feature no longer available.
Thanks in advance
Patrixk
coffeebean

Re: Search field in Mac desktop

Postby dhaupert » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:07 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for this great question. The iOS versions of HanDBase were changed to support a new search feature called Super Search, which allows you to do the quick search on any field and have all of the advanced search features as well in it. Unfortunately the Mac version doesn't yet have this feature, it still has the quick search feature that preceded it. And since there is no DB properties, you can't set the quick search feature on the mac. My suggestion would be to use the Wine enabled version of the Windows desktop to go to the properties on your mac and be able to set up that search field for the time being. This version is available under your download link for the Mac desktop and lets you run the full windows version on your Mac!
dhaupert

Re: Search field in Mac desktop

Postby coffeebean » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:39 am

Thanks so much for your reply, I will look at this workaround...
coffeebean

Return to HanDBase General Discussion