Text to Forms

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Text to Forms

Postby larryW » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:16 am

Hello,
Long time user of Handbase here, just getting back into it after a number of years and I'm trying to replicate some of what I did years ago for Palm, but now for Droid.

Here's what I'm looking to accomplish:
-- I need multiple tabs and sub tabs each tab containing multiple rows of button featuring specific text labels (no problem so far)
-- I need for the text of the button label to be pasted into a field that will collect all the text and be available in a couple of places in the app. It's essentially a way of taking shorthand notes without typing. I remember getting the ideal of the UI from a wine tasting app made for the Palm that's still in the Handbase downloads area. Unfortunately, it''s passcoded so I can't get under the hood.

I had done something along this line years back, but after an hour or two of tweaking around, I can't seem to wrap my head around what I might have done.

Any help or even a nudge in the right direction would be very much appreciated!

Thanks! :D
larryW

Re: Text to Forms

Postby dhaupert » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm

Hi Larry!

Thanks for your question. Are you basically wanting buttons that append text to the end of a growing text or note field? If so, that should be easy to do! A button can have the action to append the caption to the field. So set a button to the data source of the text field and the action to the append caption to field and it should do the trick! Then you can just copy the control, change the caption and add your next button.

Hope that makes sense!
dhaupert

Re: Text to Forms

Postby larryW » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:18 pm

Hi Dave!
Thanks for the speedy response! Yep, that did the trick, thanks!

best to you,
Larry
larryW

Return to HanDBase General Discussion