Synchronization

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Synchronization

Postby delsandberg » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:08 pm

I am a newbie and don't quite understand the procedure for syncing a database between my IPad and my desktop.
Can someone provide the steps required?
Thank you.
delsandberg

Re: Synchronization

Postby Brian_Houghton » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:48 am

Sure! Here you go:

1. On your computer, make sure you have HanDBase Plus for iOS installed. You can download a 30 day demo at http://www.ddhsoftware.com/demo.html if necessary.

2. On the iPad, open HanDBase
3. Find the Connect button, which resembles two rotating arrows on the database drawer in HanDBase for iPad
4. Tap this button
5. Note that the screen should refresh and you should see a black display with a URL in the format of http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080
6. On your computer, open HanDBase Desktop
7. Select the Configure / iPhone Users menu option
8. When the sync dialog appears, find and click the button in the lower right
9. As you go through the prompts of setting up a partnership enter the URL shown on the screen of the iPad
10. The partnership and initial sync should then occur.

For future syncs, repeat steps one through seven and then click the Synchronize button.

Hope this helps/
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby TrevProc » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:06 am

Hi

I have accidentally synced my data & overwritten the Android database. Is a backup taken.
I know a backup is takes when overwriting from Android to Desktop but it looks like a backup is not taken when overwriting from Desktop to Android.

I hope you can help.
TrevProc

Postby dhaupert » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:39 am

Hi,

The backup folder under your user name on the desktop should have a bunch of backups. Each are named with the date and time in the filename and whether they are the handheld version before the sync, or the desktop version before the sync. Hopefully you can find one that's new enough that you don't lose much!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase General Discussion