Change IPad/IPhone username

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Change IPad/IPhone username

Postby jdata » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:10 am

Our family has an IPad Air, an IPad mini and an IPhone
When I set up to sync my three devices from my PC, the Handbase software automatically names the IPad Mini an IPad. How can I personalise the names of the three devices so I can recognise them? There does not seem to be a facility to edit the User names
jdata

Re: Change IPad/IPhone username

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:12 am

Hi,

Thanks for writing. It is not supported at this time, but it is a great suggestion that we have added to our feature request list.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby DorothyD » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:36 pm

I use the Mac version of HanDBase Desktop, and it uses the names that are entered on the devices themselves. Our two iPhones show up with different names. On the iOS device, go to Settings > General > About, and you can enter a name for the device. This name is also used by iTunes. Maybe it's different on a PC?
DorothyD

Postby jdata » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:53 am

Hi, Dorothy and thanks for the suggestion which worked just as you had suggested. After re-naming my three Apple devices in their settings, I deleted all users in the sync section of Handbase on the PC. I then created three new users while syncing. Voilà, Handbase had adopted the usernames as designated by me. Thanks a million.
jdata

Return to HanDBase General Discussion