Compiling the database

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Compiling the database

Postby gurubesar » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:02 pm

I have not used data base software for a long time and have no idea of what are available in the market when I come across HanDbase.
Could somebody explain to me whether it is possible to compile the database like what we did in the past with Dbase or Rbase. By compiling I mean that you can run the database without the HanDbase anymore once it is compiled.
I tried with Access, but what they do is not the same. You still need Access to run the database even after you "compile" them.
Thanks
gurubesar

Re: Compiling the database

Postby Brian_Houghton » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:58 am

Hi,

Thanks for posting.

HanDBase does not support a compile operation at this time. You can think of HanDBase as a database manager or backend that is required for your databases to work.

Perhaps compiling to a runtime will be available at some point in the future, but it won't be soon.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby dhaupert » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:20 am

Yes, I would add to what Brian said that if you had a set of databases you wanted to release as a standalone app, you can contact me directly and I can create a custom build for you at additional cost.
dhaupert

Postby gurubesar » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:45 am

Thank you for the confirmation about the compiling the database.
And thank you Dave for the offer. I have to discuss this first with my colleagues.
gurubesar

Return to HanDBase General Discussion