Will the HanDBase support chinese in the futuer?

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Will the HanDBase support chinese in the futuer?

Postby qsl9339 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:55 pm

same as the topic.
qsl9339

Re: Will the HanDBase support chinese in the futuer?

Postby Brian_Houghton » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:56 am

Hi,

Thanks for posting.

HanDBase does not support Chinese at this time due to its lack of support for Unicode.

This is something we want to address in the future, but at this point in time I want to be honest and say that no guarantees of support of Unicode support will be made.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby arthurnla » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:51 am

How about the promise to address the Unicode issue in 2014. I took this claim seriously last year. I've been using handbase since windows mobile 2003 and always found the lack of Unicode support upsetting, but there've always been this promise to update the program some day in the future. I guess future never comes and it's time to move on.
arthurnla

Postby dhaupert » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:09 am

Hi there,

Sorry to hear of your disappointment, addressing unicode is non-trivial with HanDBase which uses a binary format that is not compatible. I don't ever recall promising to add support for it in 2014, but I was hoping to work on HanDBase v5 this year. Unfortunately that just did not happen- I had to take on outside work as HanDBase sales were not enough to pay my bills all by itself and so I have less time to work on HanDBase than I had hoped.

If you're still waiting for/requiring Unicode support, sadly I would suggest you find a different solution- I have not even started development of HanDBase 5 at this time. I still hope to bring it one day but I am definitely not at work at it at this time.
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase General Discussion