Edit when iPad does not work fine

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Edit when iPad does not work fine

Postby wmiguelm » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:42 am

From last update (I use 4.9.062) I noticed that the edition of a recordreviously added (and add new record also)
is very hard ONLY when iPad is in landscape position. The editing zone is scroll up from display, and is NOT
visible, I can view only when the kwyboard is disabled, then the record "descends" to the display.
This bug dissapears when the iPad works in portrait mode or when is landscape mode but the keybpard
is divided into two zones.

I am handbase user from more a year and half, and it's works fine but now is TERRIBLE to edit previously (and
even when add a new record).

Thanks a lot

Regards.
wmiguelm

Re: Edit when iPad does not work fine

Postby Brian_Houghton » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:54 am

Hi,

Thanks for posting.

First, when posting, please use the section appropriate for your device, as this allows for easier tracking of issues.

Next, our apologies for the issue you are experiencing. It sounds like you might be still using iOS 7 on your iPad? If so, when we fixed a similar bug for HanDBase in iOS 8 it caused the same type of issue when using HanDBase in iOS 7.

Dave is working on a fix for this.

In the meantime please use the iPad in portrait orientation.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby wmiguelm » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:20 pm

Thanks.
I use 6.0.1 IOS from 2 years perfectly and I will not upgrade (?) to IOS 7
I don't like IOS 7 and IOS 6 works fine even with Handbase (but not the current version).

Regards
wmiguelm

Postby dhaupert » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:58 pm

Hi there,

I understand that you like it, but there becomes a point where there are features in newer OS that we need to support where the majority of customers reside that make it impossible to support older versions. So if you want to keep updating to the latest version of HanDBase you will eventually have to update to a newer OS as well. It's the price of progress- it's very difficult to maintain older version compatibility but I try my best to support them because I know people don't want to have to buy a new device every 2 years! But at the same time, as new features arrive, if you want to support them, you often have to abandon the older devices.

That all said, I do plan on submit a build that will mak the app work on iOS7 again. Hope to do it this weekend and it will take a few weeks to get approved.
dhaupert

Postby wmiguelm » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:27 pm

OK Dave.

If I have no other choice, I will upgrade my IOS. But if your software work on it, I will remains on IOS 6... :D :D :D

Thanks again.

Regards!
wmiguelm

Postby wmiguelm » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:51 pm

Bug FIX!
The edit task works fine now (version .063)
Thanks a lot!
Miguel

...And I remains on 6.0.1 iOS.. More thanks! :P :P :P
wmiguelm

Return to HanDBase General Discussion