Checkbox Value in Calcuations Not Working?

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Checkbox Value in Calcuations Not Working?

Postby vishara » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:15 pm

A few years ago, I had a Calculated field in one of my databases that used the value of a Checkbox field. A year or two ago, the formula stopped working, and I've only now gotten around to debugging it. It appears that whenever I attempt to use a value of a Checkbox field in a (Calculated) formula, upon saving the formula it gets wiped out completely. As such, it seems I can no longer use a Checkbox field in Calcuated formulas. Did something change that I missed?

Thanks.
vishara

Re: Checkbox Value in Calcuations Not Working?

Postby dhaupert » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:25 am

Hi,

Nothing has changed along those lines. Wondering if the field order is at play with your calculation- sometimes people reorder their view or field order and then a calculation won't work. If you'd like to, you can send your database to support@ddhsoftware.com and Brian can help debug the issue.
dhaupert

Postby vishara » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:25 pm

I've since tried entering the formula again. In fact, I've tested making it as simple as possible, just setting the formula to "1*F??". Every time I test using a checkbox field, the formula gets erase. If I use any other field, the formula remains.

Brian currently has the database from April in an attempt to retrieve data that was lost when the file became corrupted. I use all 100 fields, and am wondering, based on some conversation several years ago, if there is a memory issue.
vishara

Postby Brian_Houghton » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:39 am

Hi,

Could you resend the database as sometimes forum names and real names don't correspond and I want to make sure I have the right file. Be sure to include a note of what to check for and which fields you are using.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase General Discussion