Any Plans for Reporter?

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Any Plans for Reporter?

Postby Boscovec » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:24 am

Dave;

I know you are a virtually a "one man band" these days, but is there any hope for an iOS version of HanDBase Reporter? It probably is asking a lot. If not, hope for x-callback-url support?

I still "heart" HanDBase big time for the customizable interface and stable database. However over time I have found that the lack of formatted output has inhibited my use of it.

The need to get useful output on a mobile device is still there for me. I have used the Concatenate External field type as a work around extensively, but it is not as flexible or useful for my purposes.

Not to detract from an app I have gotten phenomenal usage and mileage out of; and continue to use.

I remember a comment regarding scripting implementation being sort of against the initial mantra of HanDBase.

Boscovec aka Agent.Smith1
-----------------------------
Boscovec
Boscovec

Re: Any Plans for Reporter?

Postby Brian_Houghton » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:19 am

Hi Boscovec,

Thanks for writing. At present there are no plans to port Reporter to any of the current mobile platforms. You can still use the reports option that is availabl within HanDBase Desktop for Windows, though! Regarding scripting capabilities this is indeed out of the scope of HanDBase.

Kind regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase General Discussion