default View missing field

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

default View missing field

Postby gunther@gmcgt.org » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:11 pm

This is my second or third attempt with HandBase. I am working on an android. I played around a little then I loaded my database. Things are going ok, I guess but in my default view and in any view I try to create either last name or first name is left off the view. I have looked in all the places I could think of to make sure there is not a hide field button or something like that. It all seems right. I tried rearranging the fields. I really can't think of anything else to do. I did something that shifted from last name visible to first name but I can't figure out what I did or reverse that. I really need both fields to show. I don't have a lot of names but I do have a number of Davids and James and Williams. Got to figure it out. Any help would be welcomed. Oh, I did search the knowledge base but I may be looking in the wrong places.
gunther@gmcgt.org

Re: default View missing field

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:01 pm

Hi,

Thanks for posting.

If the field is not hidden within the Fields section of the view and is not set to zero percent of the width, then the field is most likely hidden due to a horizontal scrolling of the records.

Try the following:

- Open the database
- While viewing the list of records, quickly drag horizontally along the area where the field names are displayed

You should see the missing field.

Let me know if this doesn't fix the problem.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby gunther@gmcgt.org » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:46 am

So, in this case it is not a hidden field, I don't think. I did try your suggestion. There does not seem to be any horizontal scrolling available. It just sits there sort of wobbling but not moving.

The field is there in the field list. If I change the order, first name, last name to last name, first name then the which ever field is in the second place is not visible. If I try to move another field into that position that I don't really need to see, it reverts to the previous order (or disorder). Like it's haunted....If one believed in that kind of thing. fun to think about though. Could be a short story; the mystery of the haunted database! Nancy Drew or The Hardy Boys?

g
gunther@gmcgt.org

Postby uboche » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:00 pm

On my iPad, I need to drag the solid gray bar under the title line to make the field columns move.

Regards,
Ulrich
Regards,
Ulrich Boche
uboche

Postby gunther@gmcgt.org » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:57 pm

:lol: that was it. I tried above, I tried under. I didn't try the solid line under the title. Dang! Thanks Ulrich, Thanks Brian. Problem solved.

g
gunther@gmcgt.org

Return to HanDBase General Discussion