Conduit Manager not running after install

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Conduit Manager not running after install

Postby Treanot » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:35 pm

After doing an install of the setup handbaseproiphone.exe and being instructed when it is completed that the conduit Manager will be launched when you click Finish, the Conduit Manager is not launched. If this an old outdated message or something wrong?

Detail

running pc windows 7

I uninstalled handbase from the folder it created from an earlier install. Got a message that it was successfully removed. Wanting a cleaner uninstalled I also deleted the folder Handbase from my documents library. Pretty straight forward install. Computer pop up from user account control asking if I allow the following program from an unknown publisher, selected yes. Answered Next to all the question from setup wizard. Did not install any plug ins. Received message saying completing the handbase professional for iphone...says that the conduit manager will be launched when you click finish and it does not after click finish.
Treanot

Re: Conduit Manager not running after install

Postby curtterp » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:00 pm

There is nothing wrong. I do suspect an old message. The conduit manager is from the old Palm/Windows Mobile days. The sync program for iPhone/iPad/iPod is only launched manually.

Dave or Brian can confirm one way or the other.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby Brian_Houghton » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:37 am

That message does need to be removed. Thanks for the reminder.

Please try the following to set up syncing, if you have not already done so:

- Enable WiFi on your iPhone/iPad, taking care to connect to the same network your computer uses
- Open HanDBase on your iPhone/iPad
- Tap the Connect button on the database selection drawer
- Open HanDBase Desktop on the computer
- Select the Configure / iPhone Users menu option
- When the sync dialog appears choose the option in the lower left to set up a sync partnership
- When prompted enter the URL that shows on the screen of the iPhone/iPad

The sync should then proceed.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby Treanot » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:04 pm

Thank you. Wasn't sure if this was a problem with my computer or an old message. As I see it is an old message.
Treanot

Return to HanDBase General Discussion