Loosing Popups When Copying a Form

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Loosing Popups When Copying a Form

Postby kara_ann » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:16 pm

I have a database that I've been using with a custom form for data entry. For several fields, I created pop-ups of preset values that you can pick from. I now have a new database that has the exact same column headers. I copied my form from the old to the new database. The form is working fine in with the new database, EXCEPT I lost all of the popups when I am in the new database.

Any suggestions on what I can do to get the popups to copy over with the form? I would prefer not to have to re-create them with every new dataset. Thanks in advance!
kara_ann

Re: Loosing Popups When Copying a Form

Postby Brian_Houghton » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:23 pm

Hi kara_ann,

Thanks for posting.

Popup values are stored within the database file, not the form file. If you are copying the form to a database that is not a copy of the original that is the reason for the missing values.

To create a copy of the database, complete with popup values, but without records from the original, do the following:

- open HanDBase to the database selection screen
- tap the + button
- choose the middle option from the popup
- when presented with a list of databases, choose the original to use as your source
- once presented with the Database Properties screen select General, where you can change the name of the newly created version

Hope this helps.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase General Discussion