HanDBase on two computers

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

HanDBase on two computers

Postby grputnam » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:51 am

I am still having trouble with my IT people getting me access to my hospital computer. Until they do that I would like to sync my iPod touch to home computer then send my data to my hospital computer. What problems will I run into when I install HanDBase onto my home computer and do this? I guess first is it lagitament to download HanDBase on two computers?
Gordon
grputnam

Re: HanDBase on two computers

Postby dhaupert » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:57 am

grputnam wrote:I am still having trouble with my IT people getting me access to my hospital computer. Until they do that I would like to sync my iPod touch to home computer then send my data to my hospital computer. What problems will I run into when I install HanDBase onto my home computer and do this? I guess first is it lagitament to download HanDBase on two computers?
Gordon

Thanks for asking Gordon. HanDBase is licensed so it can only be legally installed on one computer at a time. Since you are having trouble using your hospital computer with wifi, I'd suggest transferring your license to your home computer.

Once you are given assistance or clearance to get on the wifi of the hospital, I'd then suggest purchasing an additional license for your hospital computer.

I will say we don't do anything to enforce this, but instead trust on the honesty of each user to do the right thing!
dhaupert

Postby grputnam » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:56 pm

When I purchase a second license will I have trouble transferring the data from one computer to the other?
Gordon
grputnam

Postby dhaupert » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:19 pm

Since the iPhone has the main source of data, you just need to sync it to both computers and it will replicate all the data on each. Unlike some systems that can only sync to a single computer, HanDBase has no such limitation!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase General Discussion