Need Help with Access Sync

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Need Help with Access Sync

Postby daviderojas » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:53 am

Hi I'm using my database syncronizing with ms access, all was working fine but suddenly it stop working, now on Sync Log appears the following message:

2009-09-19 11-42-16: HanDBase note: database 'inicio' is using it's own custom Sync Exchange entry. Default Palm conduit setting may be ignored
2009-09-19 11-42-18: HanDBase error syncing 'inicio':
- Could not read handheld database

The second question is: I'm using windows mobile 6, but I don't know why the log try to sync palm (it says default palm conduit)

Please any help, thanks in advance
daviderojas

Re: Need Help with Access Sync

Postby daviderojas » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:44 pm

Please I really need any help...

thanks
daviderojas

Re: Need Help with Access Sync

Postby DavidDevaneyJr » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:01 pm

daviderojas wrote:Hi I'm using my database syncronizing with ms access, all was working fine but suddenly it stop working, now on Sync Log appears the following message:

2009-09-19 11-42-16: HanDBase note: database 'inicio' is using it's own custom Sync Exchange entry. Default Palm conduit setting may be ignored
2009-09-19 11-42-18: HanDBase error syncing 'inicio':
- Could not read handheld database

The second question is: I'm using windows mobile 6, but I don't know why the log try to sync palm (it says default palm conduit)

Please any help, thanks in advance

Did you recently update to the latest Development version of the software? We did make some changes to the conduit so I'm curious if it's due to that. If not can you let us know what version of Windows you have and also what version and Build of HanDBase you have. You can find the HanDBase Version by opening the HanDBase Desktop and going to the Help menu and choosing About. Look in the box under "Installed Packages".

I would also recommend opening the database on the device to make sure there are no issues with doing that. Also I'd suggest opening the copy of the HanDBase database on the desktop in the HanDBase Desktop to check for any issues there. When you open the database in the Desktop make sure you are opening the one that the Sync Exchange settings point to.

Have you, or the IT Staff at your office if this is a company database, made any other changes to your system or the Access database recently?

Regarding the mention of "Palm" in the Sync log, this is a minor bug that just has the wrong device name listed in the log but doesn't affect the sync in any way.
Regards,
David Devaney, Jr.
DavidDevaneyJr

Return to HanDBase General Discussion