multiple and simultaneous connections

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

multiple and simultaneous connections

Postby saiduribe » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:18 pm

Hi,

Does HandBase support multiple and simultaneous connections via WiFi?

Thanks
saiduribe

Re: multiple and simultaneous connections

Postby dhaupert » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:35 am

Hi,

Are you referring to the iPhone version of our HanDBase software? If so, yes, multiple connections simultaneously are supported.
dhaupert

Postby saiduribe » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:53 am

Hi,

Ok (I suppose it is not possible for the other versions: Even with a 3er party software?)

For the Iphone, it is possible simultaneous connections via Wifi or by other way, but no using the phone line?

The database I need is for a restaurant and waiters with a wireless device.

Thanks
saiduribe

Postby dhaupert » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:07 am

saiduribe wrote:Hi,

Ok (I suppose it is not possible for the other versions: Even with a 3er party software?)

For the Iphone, it is possible simultaneous connections via Wifi or by other way, but no using the phone line?

The database I need is for a restaurant and waiters with a wireless device.

Thanks

For the iPhone, all communication is done from the computer to the iPhone over wifi. But I'm not sure it's up for the need you have- the reason being is that the connection doesn't stay live as the waiter works with the database, they must close the database and then open the connection from the menu. For what you would likely want, you'd need a realtime connection to the device from the computer.

Even more useful would be that when a waiter added a record, it immediately posted to your desktop without the desktop having to ask for the updates.

Both of these would be beyond the realm of the capabilities on any of the platforms. But if you'd like to email me (address below) we can talk about writing something custom to suit your needs!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase General Discussion