IOS "Open In" option

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

IOS "Open In" option

Postby Mando1493 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:31 am

When receiving the Database on the iPhone by e-mail I have selected the file to open. However, HanDBase does not appear as one of the apps that can open the file. How can I add HanDbase to the list of apps? I have not been able to find a straight answer to this online concerning IOS.
Mando1493

Re: IOS "Open In" option

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:36 am

Mando1493 wrote:When receiving the Database on the iPhone by e-mail I have selected the file to open. However, HanDBase does not appear as one of the apps that can open the file. How can I add HanDbase to the list of apps? I have not been able to find a straight answer to this online concerning IOS.

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed response to your question. Are you using the built in mail app? And are you opening a HanDBase .PDB file? If so, the HanDBase app should definitely show in the list of choices when you tap the icon- in fact, it should even show the HanDBase icon for these types in the built in mail app.

There is an option all the way to the right that is labeled More and this will take you to a full list of available apps for that file type. If it's not showing in the list perhaps you just need to find it in this screen. You can actually drag and reorder the items in this screen and move HanDBase up to the top if you'd like!

Let me know what you find!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase General Discussion