I can't sync with iPhone 7 Plus

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

I can't sync with iPhone 7 Plus

Postby jimgrant1 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:02 pm

I have been running HanDBase on my iPhone 7 Plus successfully for several months. For an unrelated reason, I had to completely erase my iPhone, and rebuild it with the factory settings. Then, I went to the App Store, downloaded HanDBase and installed it. I then tried to sync my HanDBase databases that I've always kept on my on my Windows laptop.

The Windows version of HanDBase first asked me if I would like to "restore the desktop stored databases to my iOS device". I clicked OK.

Then, I got this error message: "Access violation at address 0049E9B4 in module 'iPhoneSync.exe'. Read of address 00001430".

I don't know what to do at this point.

Does anyone have an idea?

Here is a tidbit of information if it might help. I have 4 folders of HanDBase databases on my laptop. Maybe that is causing a problem.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
jimgrant1

Re: I can't sync with iPhone 7 Plus

Postby curtterp » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:37 pm

jimgrant1 wrote:I have been running HanDBase on my iPhone 7 Plus successfully for several months. For an unrelated reason, I had to completely erase my iPhone, and rebuild it with the factory settings. Then, I went to the App Store, downloaded HanDBase and installed it. I then tried to sync my HanDBase databases that I've always kept on my on my Windows laptop.

The Windows version of HanDBase first asked me if I would like to "restore the desktop stored databases to my iOS device". I clicked OK.

Then, I got this error message: "Access violation at address 0049E9B4 in module 'iPhoneSync.exe'. Read of address 00001430".

I don't know what to do at this point.

Does anyone have an idea?

Here is a tidbit of information if it might help. I have 4 folders of HanDBase databases on my laptop. Maybe that is causing a problem.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Delete the partnership between the windows computer and iPhone, and then recreate the partnership.

Anytime you have to restore the iPhone, the partnership needs to be redone.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby jimgrant1 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:26 am

Curt - Thanks for responding.

Unfortunately, I already tried that and still get the errors that I wrote in my previous post on this. I tried it again, due to your prompting, but luck.

Any other ideas?

Jim
jimgrant1

Postby jimgrant1 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:58 am

Good news.

On a whim, I decided to create a little test database on my iPhone. I did and then synced the iPhone to my Windows computer. It worked just fine.

I am good for now.
jimgrant1

Postby james990 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:46 am

same problem...
cant sync with my pc(windows)
i dont like this no point so called security
james990

Return to HanDBase General Discussion