Remove default data entry form

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Remove default data entry form

Postby Gear5119 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:33 pm

Hello, I am learning HanDBase for Android. I have the Windows Desktop installed. I have created a database with a Form attached. I have synced with my Smart Phone. When I open my database and click on a record the "default data entry form" opens not the Form I have built. My question is: Can I remove/delete this "default data entry form" so my Form will be used with my database?
Thank you for any suggestions.
Gear5119
Gear5119

Re: Remove default data entry form

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:09 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your post! I believe all you have to do is set the form you desire as your start form:

Go to the Forms section under Database Properties.
Find the form you created and tap it and choose details/properties (forgot what the exact wording is!)
Scroll down and check the Start form options for your device- there are ones for desktop/tablets, smartphones, etc and just check them all, for both existing and new records.

Now your form should open up when you select or add a record!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby danmichsr@gmail.com » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:37 pm

Is there a way just to view each record and not add. Just to use the form to scroll through each record.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
danmichsr@gmail.com

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:19 am

If you tapped the record and don't see the form you designed, just make sure it's checked for being the start form for 'edit record'. That means when you tap a record it's the form that is shown.
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase General Discussion