Emailing / Uploading Records - Android 5.1

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Emailing / Uploading Records - Android 5.1

Postby papio24 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi all,

I have used HB for iOS and I am new to the Android 5.1. Having trouble with a few things and would love some advice.

1. I understand new versions of Android don't allow USB mass storage. Is there any way around this? In our field site, we don't have the option for wifi and constantly changing micro SDs is not ideal.

2. Email seems to be our best option. Unfortunately, 90% of the time, when we email a database to our device we get confirmation that it was either merged or received ok, but the new database either does not show, or shows with a blank heading and no functionality.

Any help would be appreciated.
papio24

Re: Emailing / Uploading Records - Android 5.1

Postby Brian_Houghton » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:09 am

Hi,

Thanks for writing.

So far, I haven't seen any issues like what you are experiencing with the email merge not working. If you can send me a set of your databases at support @ ddhsoftware . com I'll take a look at it. In the meantime:

Try this, though:

1. Export the contents of the to be sent database as a CSV file
2. Send the CSV file
3. Upon receipt of the CSV file, save it to the "HanDBase" folder found at the root level of internal storage
4. Import the CSV file into your database

You will find the import and export options by long pressing a database title on the database selection screen of HanDBase.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase General Discussion