IOS 10.3.2

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

IOS 10.3.2

Postby Mike6pwl@gmail.com » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:29 am

I keep getting a message on my IPAD Air saying HandBase will no longer run on new versions of IOS, I'm running 10.3.2. Is DDH Software working on an update and if yes when is it likely to be released. I have been a user of HandBase from early days on a Palm then Windows, Android and IOS and I would be lost without this DateBase APP.
Mike6pwl@gmail.com

Re: IOS 10.3.2

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:21 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. A question for you- what flavor of HanDBase are you running on the iPad? Is it by chance the education version? I ask because all of the other iOS versions were updated to 64 bit last year and the education version is the only one that wasn't. I do plan on submitting an update to it before iOS11 comes out though- it just doesn't have many users and gets much less of my limited dev time as a result. If you're not using the education version, please let me know what the about screen shows as the version #. Thanks in advance!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Re: IOS 10.3.2 and iOS 11.0

Postby Boscovec » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:33 pm

I have been asking myself this very question since reading about the beta that was out there for iOS 11.0. I am quite relieved to hear that that you took that measure. "Brilliance is simply the art of planning ahead."

I have been reviewing the apps that have on my iOS devices with that same lingering question. Largely, they need to be culled out as some haven't been useful to me for quite some time. HanDBase of course is not one of them.

I usually hold out on every iOS update as if my device is working, I don't want to break it, as regularly people report their devices have major issues after each update.

Thanks for being proactive.

Boscovec
-----------------------------
Boscovec
Boscovec

Postby gsour » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:59 am

Just updated my ipad to iOS 11. Handbase cannot be opened. A message says "the developer needs to update it to work with iOS11".

Now on my iPad I purchased the newer app Handbase for Education. I could see the introduction, but whenever I clicked on the menu I was thrwon out of the app. Even after I restarted the iPad.

I guess an update is urgently needed

TIA

PS don't mind pay anew for Handbase as I have been an everyday user for many years now
gsour

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:36 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your post and very sorry for the trouble- I just noticed the other day that the Education version for iPad was not updated the last time when I released an update so it doesn't have the 64-bit compatible version in the store. If you can, please write to me via dhaupert @ ddhsoftware.com (fix the spaces!) and I will get you up and running again!

A new iPad and iPhone version is due out in the next week or two and I will make sure the education version is included in that update. Very sorry for the omission on my part!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase General Discussion