Handbase uninstalling on IPhone

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Handbase uninstalling on IPhone

Postby muffin » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:43 am

Hi
Something odd has happened on my IPhone with regards to Handbase. The application has spontaneously been uninstalled, or has uninstalled itself. :o

I have been using HBase without problems for a few years now. When I reinstalled all my data files were missing, with default files loaded. Can I retrieve them in any way. I have not regularly backed up via the wifii browser feature.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Muffin
muffin

Re: Handbase uninstalling on IPhone

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:27 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your post and very sorry to hear about this. I have not heard about this happening before, though I am aware that as of iOS9 the OS itself can delete and reinstall apps as updates are being installed. If you don't have enough space for an update it will delete apps and then restore them. Assuming all goes well all of your data would be restored and you wouldn't miss a thing, but perhaps something went wrong there.

Also in iOS11, there is an option to auto delete apps to save space too. You're not using a beta are you?

Regarding the databases, unless you have backups kept there would likely be no way to restore. Even if the app kept multiple backups automatically (an idea I've floated around in the past) it wouldn't have helped in this case. I think if HanDBase had auto backups to Google drive, iCloud drive or Dropbox that may have been the best way to save this disaster from happening. Will consider this for the future!

Sorry again!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase General Discussion