charting feature

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

charting feature

Postby kmorris » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:48 am

hmm, thought I had posted this, but I don't see it. apologies if this is a duplicate!

I'm looking for a way to chart some of the data I'm keeping in HanDBase on the Palm OS. I'm fairly confident there isn't a plugin or addon here for that functionality. If there is could you point me to it?

If there isn't, do you have any recommendations for a charting application that could use HanDBase files?

Many thanks!
kim
kmorris

Re: charting feature

Postby dhaupert » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:38 pm

Hi there!

I hadn't seen any other versions of that post on here, but it's a great question! There was a way to use HotPaw basic to grab data from HanDBase and graph it, but I'm not sure if those hooks are up to date or still in place. This was on the Palm itself.

On the desktop, your options are much better. You can export to Excel and do graphs and charts there. You can use the ODBC driver (in the enteprise version or sold separately) and grab data from the databases via Crystal Reports.

Hope this helps!
dhaupert

Re: charting feature

Postby kmorris » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:46 pm

If possible, I'd like to be able to do the graphing / charting on the palm itself. I wonder if TinySheet or some other excel replacement could work.

I'll look into the Hot Paw thing.

Thanks!
kim
kmorris

Return to HanDBase General Discussion