Feature suggestion for future version of HandDBase

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Feature suggestion for future version of HandDBase

Postby ndiniz » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:03 pm

I'd like to see a little more user programmability. For example, if I want to create a database for keeping track of the vending machine I fill, I want the database to tell me (based on a certain number) when it's time to re-order a specific product. For example, if I had 36 packs of Snyder's Pretzels, I'd want the database to tell me to order this specific product if the amount left falls under another amount, so if I had let's say 12 in the vending machine, and if I had 9 left, it'd tell me to re-order. So it'd be like a status indicator.
ndiniz

Re: Feature suggestion for future version of HandDBase

Postby dhaupert » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:20 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your suggestion. Using forms this is possible as of V4.0 of HanDBase. You can optionally display a form control based on the value of another output. For example, you could make a conditional field type that is 1 if your qty is less than 12, and 0 otherwise. Then you can have a label perhaps with a red colored font saying 'Need More' that only shows conditionally with that condition being the conditional field you set up. This was designed to accomplish just what you are describing here, so hopefully it works for you!
dhaupert

Postby griffinr » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:33 am

This is more of a nice to have feature, In the desktop, an icon on the tool bar that sync's your databases.

Bob
griffinr

Postby dhaupert » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:08 am

Thanks for this suggestion- I agree there needs to be an easier way to get to the syncing within HanDBase. The challenge lies in the fact that the same program, the HanDBase Desktop interfaces with many types of devices. But something can surely be done to optimize this a bit more!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase General Discussion