Custom menus - custom forms

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Custom menus - custom forms

Postby dbman » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:07 pm

Hi, have not worked with HanDBase since the year 2005 and have these questions:

a. Can I lock a db in its runtime version, so that the users can not add or delete records? (We want to offer a fixed set of records with fixed, non-modifiable data.)

b. Can we customize the buttons in list form? (It used to be that the "New" and "Tools" and "Find" buttons could not be removed.)

c. We do not need much of a menu, but what we need we would like to be able to present in various languages. Is this possible?

This basically holds true for virtually all platforms. Would be great to be able to revert back to Handbase instead of using individual dev tools for each platform.

Greetings
dbman
dbman

Re: Custom menus - custom forms

Postby dhaupert » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:11 pm

dbman wrote:Hi, have not worked with HanDBase since the year 2005 and have these questions:

a. Can I lock a db in its runtime version, so that the users can not add or delete records? (We want to offer a fixed set of records with fixed, non-modifiable data.)

Thanks for your questions. Indeed this is possible through the security options in the database.

b. Can we customize the buttons in list form? (It used to be that the "New" and "Tools" and "Find" buttons could not be removed.)

This still holds true- at this point there is no customization to the List view, but this is a planned feature for a major update in the future.

c. We do not need much of a menu, but what we need we would like to be able to present in various languages. Is this possible?

Pull down menus? Also not yet customizable, sorry! So many features like this are great ones I wish we already had, but with juggling all the platforms and trying to keep up with the new ones as well, it's become quite hard to implement them.
dhaupert

Re: Custom menus - custom forms

Postby dbman » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Thanks Dave,

Good luck on your future work. I'll stay curious and read the mails from ddh.

dbman
dbman

Return to HanDBase General Discussion