bug encrypt

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

bug encrypt

Postby jgalvez » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:21 am

I want to encrypt a table of customers, i turn on encrypt on all the fields, i put the password,each time i open the main table and when i open new record and starts using that table i must put the password, then i can see all the records, when i close again appears a windows dialog to enter encrypt password and retype encrypt password.

I think encrypt password when is applied, never must request again to put the password when you close the table.

I hope you understand what i'm saying, pardon me for my little english.

Jose
jgalvez

Re: bug encrypt

Postby dhaupert » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:21 pm

Hi Jose,

Sorry I may be having trouble understanding what you mean-let's start out by asking what platform you are using?
dhaupert

Postby jgalvez » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:42 am

ok windows xp
palm

if i enable access password on a table, and i use other dbpopup and i select the enabled password table it works.
I close both tables.

Open first one, then i try field popup and hangs, gives an error at my windows handbase
jgalvez

Postby dhaupert » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:46 am

Still not following you completely- sorry. While it should still work without crashing, having bothencryption and the password for access, is redundant. There is no need to have the password for access control if you have the encryption set up. The former is meant more to restrict users from certain actions in a multi user worker setting. Encryption is meant for data protection.

If you could provide me with a step by step of what you're doing maybe I can duplicate an issue you're having.
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase General Discussion