Cloud based Database?

This forum is for application developers who are integrating HanDBase into their solutions via the HanDBase API (HAPI) or other means. It's also a great place to discuss runtime development.

Cloud based Database?

Postby richardmata555 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:51 am

Hi Brian and Dave:

As everything is now focusing with the cloud, I want inquire in the possibility of me making a cloud based database of Handbase dbs. My idea is not only for myself. As you already know I have a runtime medical app which Im now distributing. I dream of the doctors using my handbase dbs will be able to sync it to the cloud and will also have the ability to view and edit it in the cloud, apart from being natively installed.

I was checking online of going thru the path of using Handbase to ODBC to online cloud database provider. I came accross the words Caspio, Simba and some other stuffs. It would also be great if you can have Handbase go directly to the cloud without passing thru ODBC .

What do you think?

Richard
richardmata555

Re: Cloud based Database?

Postby dhaupert » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:06 pm

Hi Richard,

I'm so sorry it's taken me this long to notice your post here. Not sure how I missed the original notification of it!

Cloud and HanDBase are definitely planned/on the horizon but nothing available or ready to announce yet. In your particular field, the use of the cloud is quite limited in the US due to the privacy regulations, but in other parts of the world, that is not necessarily a factor. Regardless, in many other applications a cloud based HanDBase is a desirable solution and for that reason it's a direction we are heading!
dhaupert

Postby Benji » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:01 pm

David, I make extensive use of Drop Box on the mobile side with Documents To Go. Excel and PDF files throughout the day. This would make working on multiple platforms much easier.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Benji

Postby richardmata555 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:52 am

Thank Dave! I do believe thats gonna be big upgrade! looking forward!
richardmata555

Return to HanDBase - Developers