Opening files on a Mac from backup files

Discuss HanDBase running on Mac OSX computers, as well as conduits.

Opening files on a Mac from backup files

Postby Viellecorvidae » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi,
I had just bought the desktop program when my iphone decided to become entirely non-functional. Since I don't have another one, is there a way using the desktop software to open a database from my iphone's backup files? I had not synced the phone between the time I installed the desktop portion but the database itself has been backed up as I did find the photos in what seems like an entirely unrelated folder. Any help would be grand.

Thanks,

Dan
Viellecorvidae

Re: Opening files on a Mac from backup files

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:37 pm

Hi Dan,

Thanks for writing. Sorry to read that your iPhone is on the fritz. Unfortunately HanDBase Desktop can't open backups if syncing HanDBase on the iPhone wasn't previously synced with HanDBase Plus on your Mac.

There is potential good news, though. A program that is able to extract files from the iTunes binary backup is available at:

http://www.supercrazyawesome.com

I encourage you to download and use the program to recover your HanDBase databases.

Now, finally, once you have the databases extracted from the iTunes binary backup, HanDBase Desktop for Mac can be used to view and make basic edits of the database.

Hope this helps.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Re: Opening files on a Mac from backup files

Postby howardmcguckin » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:58 pm

Here are steps about how to restore iPhone from backup via iPhone Data Recovery. It’s a tool that can be used as an iPhone backup extractor. Because it enables you to extract the backup file and preview the contacts, SMS, photos, videos, calendar, notes and call history in details.
1. Choose the second mode "Recover from iTunes Backup File"
2. Choose the right device backup file and click "Start Scan".
3. Restore iPhone from backup by selecting what you want to extract and click "Recover".
This way suggested by apple.support.com. And the file can be readable on Mac. May this can help you!
howardmcguckin

Return to HanDBase for Mac