Warning when Sync is attempted

Discuss HanDBase running on Mac OSX computers, as well as conduits.

Warning when Sync is attempted

Postby bkomanet » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:23 pm

Hello. I have been using Handbase on the iPad since it was available, and today, I purchased the Handbase Plus add-on for the Mac. I create a connection between my Mac and my iPad and I get the following warning message: Warning: Does Folder Exist? Could not create this user's folder. Perhaps the folder already exists?. I press OK and try the sync and everything looks like it sync's correctly. However, no files/databases are shown in the database list after the sync. Also, when I try and look at the sync log, it says I must do a sync first: No Log File Found. Make sure you have done a sync before attempting to view the log!

So, this is useless to me at this time. Please help.
bkomanet

Re: Warning when Sync is attempted

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to read about the trouble you are experiencing.

I'd like to gain a bit more information about your system, and gather a log of what is going on when you try to sync. First, I need the following information:

1. What version of Mac OS X are you using?
2. Have you installed any apps from the Mac App Store?
3. Open your Documents/HanDBase folder. Tap the "Get Info" button in the toolbar. Scroll to the bottom of the dialog that appears. What are the permissions for the folder?

Next, please open Console, which is found at Applications/Utilities. Then try to set up a sync partnership with HandBase Desktop. After doing so, go back to Console. You'll see a bunch of text output in the display. Select the menu option to save the log. Then send the log to me at support@ddhsoftware.com along with a brief note describing the issue.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for Mac