Unable to sync with MAC Version

Discuss HanDBase running on Mac OSX computers, as well as conduits.

Unable to sync with MAC Version

Postby fredlef » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:17 am

When I try to sync I get an error that says - Unable to launch HandBase iPhone Sync and User Settings. Perhaps HandBase for iPhone is not installed.

Could this be a permissions issue? I noted that when I try to open HandBase Desktop 4 it does not recognize me as a user.

Thanks,
Fred
fredlef

Re: Unable to sync with MAC Version

Postby dhaupert » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi Fred,

Is it possible you don't have the conduit or Plus version? That feature is not part of the basic HanDBase Desktop but part of those other packages!
dhaupert

Postby aozaki » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:49 pm

I purchased the Desktop Plus version and synced to my iPad. I had entered my data on my desktop because it's easier to enter it on a desktop. The first sync went well, and all data was transferred. However, in subsequent sync's, the database on my iPad remains unchanged, even when I select the option to have the desktop data overwrite the iPad data. Basically, it acts like the data is synced but nothing has changed on either the computer or iPad. I am using OS X 10.7.3. If this is not going to be reliable, can I sync between 4 iPads instead? My original strategy was to keep the main database on the desktop, but since it is not syncing, I need to find another solution or get the software to work as it says it will.
aozaki

Postby dhaupert » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:30 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. This should definitely work and it does for many users without an issue. Perhaps we can take a look at your most recent sync log to see what is happening? You can copy/paste it into a reply here and you can get the log by going to the sync screen, choosing the user, and selecting View Sync log.

Thanks in advance!
dhaupert

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:04 pm

You can also find the entire sync log on your Mac by opening the folder named after your handheld, which is located at /Documents/HanDBase/ The file in question is called HanDBaseSync.log. If you can change the extension to .txt and upload it to your reply, or as Dave noted, paste the text of the log into your reply, we'll investigate the problem.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for Mac