Handbase 4.46 cannot sync on ipad and iPhone

Discuss HanDBase running on Mac OSX computers, as well as conduits.

Handbase 4.46 cannot sync on ipad and iPhone

Postby JandeHaas » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi,
I'm able to sync my iphone 5 with Handbase 4.8.711 on my IMac with OSX 10.8.2 using Handbase plus 4.46 but the images in the database from the iphone are not displayed.
Furthermore: my iPad does make a connecting with de desktop version and seems to synchronize. But all that happens is the production of a txt file and a map with images of the databases form my iPad.

This makes the desktop version worthless. A quick solution is necessary!

Regards jandehaas
JandeHaas

Re: Handbase 4.46 cannot sync on ipad and iPhone

Postby bariloche2 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:29 pm

JandeHaas I entirely agree. I have been using HanDBase since Palm where synchronisation was a breeze. HanDBase has been hopelessly difficult with iPhone from the start (compare with Palm and the effortless synchronisatioon with eWallet - so it's not Apple's fault) and has recently become impossible. You don't seem to have got your early resolution given that you asked 2 years ago. I agree, the desktop version is a complete waste of time. It is incompetently designed.
bariloche2

Re: Handbase 4.46 cannot sync on ipad and iPhone

Postby dhaupert » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:14 am

Hi there,

Can you expand on how our desktop has recently changed for you? So many users sync without issue so I am not sure what you are referring to. I certainly agree it was easier to sync in the Palm days, but I am not planning on spending my time working on replicating the Palm type of synchronization in a day when everything is moving to automatic cloud synchronization. That is where I'm investing my time at this point and where most customers prefer us going. That said, if there are any issues with the current implementation, I'd like to know more so I can address them.
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Mac