Forms creation on Mac and iPod Touch?

Discuss HanDBase running on Mac OSX computers, as well as conduits.

Forms creation on Mac and iPod Touch?

Postby glenwf » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:13 pm

Is forms creation for Mac and iPod Touch in the near future? It is taking a long time to get the Mac version up to speed with the PC version and my PC laptop died. If I get a Mac laptop do I have to go to another product to get full functionality?
glenwf

Re: Forms creation on Mac and iPod Touch?

Postby dhaupert » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. iPod touch version of HanDBase already offers a forms designer! It's available from an in-app purchase in the app itself.

The Mac version is a different story. As of now, there is no forms designer for Mac, but while I can't make any promises, we are hoping to release one in 2013. A lot has to come together to make that actually happen, but it truly is planned for development at this point, something I can't say has ever been the case before.

Another option you have on the Mac short term is to run the Windows version- I use Parallels myself to run Windows apps on my Mac and it works great. I know that's not a cheap solution, but sometimes people already have Parallels or VMWare Fusion and in that case it's a no brainer!
dhaupert

Re: Forms creation on Mac and iPod Touch?

Postby milby7 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:36 am

VirtualBox is another possible solution. The software is free, so you just need a Windows license. It is probably not as fast as the paid versions, but for DB work that probably won't be an issue.
milby7

Return to HanDBase for Mac