dial field

Discussion of HanDBase running on Windows Mobile Classic and Professional (formerly Pocket PC) devices and smartphones and syncing with a desktop computer.

dial field

Postby gsman » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:33 am

Any new info on a Dialing Field for Windows Mobile - "Add in" or otherwise
gsman

Re: dial field

Postby dhaupert » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:23 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for asking. Brian has been working on a solution that will be free of charge, as an external field add-on. This add-on is a bit more complex than others, but offers a LOT of power and functionality options if you're willing to invest the time setting it up!

I know he's down to one or two issues before he can package it up, but I'd stay tuned, and he'll surely post about it here first.
dhaupert

Postby gsman » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:23 pm

Go Brian -
I am so willing to do this ...... Bring it on
Is this the forum / section where this gets posted? or is it one of the other rooms - so to speak...
gsman

Postby dhaupert » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:42 am

I'd expect it announced in this 'room'!
dhaupert

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:05 pm

Hello,

Good news guys... I've just about got the first beta of "Parameter" ready for release! Without getting too far into the inner workings right now, it's going to allow the following functionality for data in HanDBase:

- Dial a phone number via the built in phone application
- Launch a URL in Internet Explorer (more browsers to be supported, possibly)
- Create a new appointment from text in a field
- Create a new note from text in a field
- Create a new task from text in a field
- Email to specified address (I've been finishing up support for choosing the email account to send from prior to the actual creation and addressing of the email... good news is that it is now working for me)

I'm going to be finishing up a few things on it this week, and put together some basic documentation before posting the beta. I'd expect it near the end of the week, hopefully by Thursday if all goes well!

One other thing that might be interest, is that you'll be able to assign Parameter to a hard button or launch it via the Start Menu, allowing you to use it for the above actions in *hopefully* any app on the device that supports text entry!

I'll be sure to start a new post about it in this forum section when it is ready!
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:03 am

Can't wait to see it Brian! I would suggest starting a new topic and then linking to it from here, so people who are looking for more than the dial field functionality will also find it.
dhaupert

Postby gsman » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:33 pm

how are we doing with this update?
gsman

Postby daviderojas » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:59 am

Hi, I'm very interested too, please notify me to test it, thanks
david
daviderojas

Postby jgfoley » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:34 am

I've been keep track of this progress too: I think it'll be a great addition to the already great hanDBase! Way to go Brian and David!
jgfoley

Postby dhaupert » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:02 pm

THanks for the encouragement guys. But Brian deserves all the credit for this- it's something he's doing on his own as a HanDBase Windows Mobile user himself and so I can't take any credit!

I'm very excited to see the final fruits of his labor which should be soon- he mentioned to me he's working on the final installers. He was having some CAB file building issues and now those problems seem to be behind him!
dhaupert

Next

Return to HanDBase for Windows Mobile Classic and Professional