interoperbility of Palm handbase with Android handbase

Discuss HanDBase running on various Palm OS devices and synchronization with desktop computers.

interoperbility of Palm handbase with Android handbase

Postby voytek » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:37 pm

I currently have HanDBase on Palm and Windoze desktop Enterprise for Palm OS 4.1

I'm considering getting Handbase for Android

is single client license supported on my multiple Android devices ? phone/tablet ?

is it interchangeable with Palm ? Palm data used on Android, Android data used on Palm ?

can Android data be used in my Enterprise Desktop ?
voytek

Re: interoperbility of Palm handbase with Android handbase

Postby curtterp » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:45 pm

voytek wrote:I currently have HanDBase on Palm and Windoze desktop Enterprise for Palm OS 4.1

I'm considering getting Handbase for Android

is single client license supported on my multiple Android devices ? phone/tablet ?

Yes, it works on both Tablet and phone as long as you use the same email address for the play store.

voytek wrote:Iis it interchangeable with Palm ? Palm data used on Android, Android data used on Palm ?

Yes it is. I have gone from Palm to Windows to Android. You can also share between the platforms. The only difference is that Android does NOT support forms right now. Dave has said that he would like to bring forms to Android, but there is no date yet.

voytek wrote:Ican Android data be used in my Enterprise Desktop ?

You will need to purchase the Android add on to be able to sync with your Android devices. Log into your ddhsoftware account and choose upgrade or cross grade. That way you get a discount because you have purchased previously. Unfortunately, there are no discounts in the Play Store.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Return to HanDBase for Palm OS