ipad forms and images

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

ipad forms and images

Postby rkuba » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:21 pm

Hello,

My question concerns background images used in forms, and how they can be attached to the form as a permanent background image.

If I distribute my database pdb files along with the associated form file, how or where can I save that image file so that when the end user uploads the files to his ipad, the image appears in the form at the proper (ipad) size.

What I have tried so far:

I used the "connect" feature at the bottom of the select database form
I typed that address into my desktop browser and logged on.
I uploaded a specific image to use as the background file, so the name would remain the same.
I uploaded that file to the handbase library.
In the database I created a text field called imagedata.
I created an external field and named it image, selected photopicker, and referenced the imagedata file.
I then opened the database and selected the background image.
I set the the field options to Not show in the list view or and the edit record screen. (hidden from user view)
Then, in the form I selected the background image from the handbase library and set the proper size.
So now the filename is attached to the database, but the image itself is not. It would still have to be uploaded (sync) separately.

My question is, Is there a way to lock that image into the form file so the end user wouldn't have to mess around uploading images?

Thanks, R Kuba
rkuba

Return to HanDBase for iPad