form refresh

This forum is for application developers who are integrating HanDBase into their solutions via the HanDBase API (HAPI) or other means. It's also a great place to discuss runtime development.

form refresh

Postby bigjohn888jb » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:49 pm

What I'm trying to do is use 1 database to capture a upc with the iphone scanner. I have setup a relationship to an inventory database. What I would like to do is capture a new upc and have the form refresh with the new upc without saving and quitting back to the database. This would allow for a quick price check, but I don't need to save the data.
bigjohn888jb

Re: form refresh

Postby dhaupert » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:13 am

Hi there,

Could you expand upon what you're saying? I'm not following the flow of what you're hoping to do!
dhaupert

Postby bigjohn888jb » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:52 am

Hi,
I imported an inventory that has a upc field, the item description and it’s 3 different price levels. I created another database with the same upc field that I made a relationship to the imported inventory. Then I made a form with a button that activates the iphone camera to scan a upc code into the upc field. When I accept the scan, I go back to the form and it shows the newly scanned upc, but unless I save and quit the form, the relationship does not update. I’d like to stay in the form and save and have the relationship show on the form that items prices. What I’m dealing with is a showroom that is used a couple of times a year and we want to have the reps go out in the showroom with their phones, scan the upc and very quickly determine that the price is right and move on to the next item or wrong and then they pull the item so a new bar code label can be printed.

thanks,

John
bigjohn888jb

Postby dhaupert » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:11 am

Hi John,

Thanks for clarifying- it makes perfect sense now! I see what you mean as well, I do update any calculations but not just relationship values in this case. I'm marking this as a bug and in the next update I will try to address this. I'll be honest in that I don't have a due date for the next update as the next one was slated to be a big update with the cloud sync and probably not out until summer. But if there are any showstopper bugs I may have to push out a maintenance update before then.

If the fields you are bringing over via relationships are numeric, a workaround might be to create a calculation field that is the relationship field + 0. Then use this as the source to show on the form. That may very well update after you return from the barcode scan. Give it a try!
dhaupert

Postby bigjohn888jb » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:20 pm

Well it was worth a shot, but even though the calculations are redone, I think they are still using the values in the current record since the relationship does not move until it is saved. A save button without a quit would probably be all that is needed. Thanks for the suggestion.
bigjohn888jb

Postby ruimac » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:22 am

I have exactly the same problem.
I have a popup field that is checked against another database and a field of Relationship type that is not being refreshed.
If I go to the next record and back (or to the previous and back), the field is correctly updated. However, it is not updated when switching or selecting values from the popup.
Is there any update scheduled to fix this?

Rui Batista
ruimac

Postby dhaupert » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:01 pm

Hi Rui,

The next update on iOS is scheduled for the coming month or two in time for iOS7's impending release. While I have not yet addressed the bug, I hope it will be fixed for this release!
dhaupert

Postby ruimac » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:59 pm

Great news :-)
Thank you very much for the swift reply.

Rui Batista
ruimac

Return to HanDBase - Developers