Knowledge base

This forum is for application developers who are integrating HanDBase into their solutions via the HanDBase API (HAPI) or other means. It's also a great place to discuss runtime development.

Knowledge base

Postby GCrippa » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:49 pm

Hello,

I am a new user of this kind of software and I ran into this matter because I want to create a knowledge base to manage a failure cases and the way / mode every failure in what it was solve. I would like to create a form where in defined fields I can put a new case and I am able to search an old case just to use it and solve the problem. Does anybody know if someone has created this template or could some one help me to create one.

Thanks in advance for some help you can give me.

Regards
GCrippa

Re: Knowledge base

Postby dhaupert » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your post. I will let others comment as well but typically something like this is done with a DB Popup field. WIth a db popup field, your solution field (and perhaps a few others) could be entered as new text, or selected from a list of solutions. When you tap the popup button for the field, it will show the list of all records, and selecting one will copy it's values back to the field. Additionally the field type supports a notion of a Group, which allows you to combine several related fields into a single popup selection. If for example, you want to copy the question and solution fields both at the same time, set them both to the same group # and when either is selected the other will be copied as well.

Hope that makes sense and I'd suggest taking a look at the DB Popups shown in this tutorial:
http://www.ddhsoftware.com/knowledgebase.html?read=253

Let us know if you have any further questions!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase - Developers