Sorry, lazy question about forms

Discussion of HanDBase running on Windows Mobile Classic and Professional (formerly Pocket PC) devices and smartphones and syncing with a desktop computer.

Sorry, lazy question about forms

Postby jonboy99 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:43 pm

Hi folks, i've just upgraded to version 4 of handbase, and taken the opportunity to go from handbase plus v3 to handbase 4 professional. I didn't really need any more features but it was only an extra $5 so I thought I may as well, and maybe learn to use any extra features later.

Now in my PPC menu there is only the old handbase 3 program, and handbase 4 forms. When I open forms, I see my old databases, but when I try to open one I am told to choose a form, of which there is only a blank list.

I don't need forms right now, and just want to use my old databases as I did before - can I not bother with forms when using handbase 4 pro? Or do I need to downgrade to handbse 4 plus to have it how it was before?

I may start using forms in the future but right now I have no need of them.

Thanks

Jon
jonboy99

Re: Sorry, lazy question about forms

Postby dhaupert » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:01 pm

Hi Jon,

Thanks for upgrading! The forms feature is not a required feature whether you own the version that supports it or not. If there are no forms defined for a database, it will open the normal Edit Record screen. So indeed, when you first open a database in the forms program, there will be no forms defined for it. You'd have to create some forms to make them show up in that list!

But you can safely just open HanDBase and open your database from there and things will behave as they did in version 3.

Hope this helps.
dhaupert

Re: Sorry, lazy question about forms

Postby jonboy99 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:26 pm

Cheers Dave, I feel a bit stupid as about a minute after posting I discovered the normal handbase 4 icon in the start menu - i'd only seen the handbase forms icon when I posted the message, so sorted now.
Cheers
Jon
jonboy99

Return to HanDBase for Windows Mobile Classic and Professional