Converting Database Ownership to New Device

Discuss HanDBase running on Mac OSX computers, as well as conduits.

Converting Database Ownership to New Device

Postby DaveEmme » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:40 pm

I’me having problems setting up a new device (iPod Touch “5G”), using HanDBase Desktop for Mac.

BEFORE:
iPod Touch “4G” contained 15 databases which were shared with iPad “3G”.

NOW:
Purchased iPod Touch 5G. Reset and sold 4G. Went into HDB Desktop and removed partnership for 4G.

Want 5G to functionally replace 4G, “own” these 15 databases and share them with 3G as before.

However, HDB Desktop claims that these databases are still “owned” by now-nonexistent 4G. Syncing with 5G has backleveled databases to the most recent sync on 4G, therefore loosing data entered on 5G since that time. Moreover, the databases do not show up on the “Open HDB Database File” window for either 5G or 3G, so apparently cannot be manipulated on the desktop.

How can I straighten this out so that 5G is now the “master” and “owns” these databases?
DaveEmme

Re: Converting Database Ownership to New Device

Postby dhaupert » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:05 am

Hi there,

That's a great point and something that obviously wasn't worked out well in the program. If you email me directly I can provide you steps to send me the PLIST file where this is stored and I can manually remove the shared entries from it and return it to you. Other options would be to create a temporary new partnership with the old name and then remove the shared sync entries from it before deleting it again.

Sorry about this!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Mac