camera resolution, iOS 7

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

camera resolution, iOS 7

Postby glenwf » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:59 pm

Can't find the camera resolution option in iOS7 to change from high to low resolution in the system preferences for when a picture is taken.

iOS7 on iPod Touch 5. HanDBase for iPhone 4.9.03. Database I'm using is the Flash Cards Photo I developed and posted.

I used to use set the options for low resolution pictures in the system options. Inside the database I don't need high resolution pics there since you can't zoom in on those photos in the database. That saves a lot of room since I have several hundred photos already.

I notice with the new database version I can see the full name of the file now in the "Manage Images" library. Thanks.

I searched the web for information but nobody seems to notice this.
glenwf

Re: camera resolution, iOS 7

Postby dhaupert » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:22 pm

Hi Glen,

Thanks for your post and question. We have a setting for the Image Photo Quality in the settings. From the Choose Database screen tap the settings icon (gears) and choose HanDBase Settings. Scroll down and find the External Image Photo Quality section. And you should be able to zoom in on the photo now as that was one of the changes made along the way!
dhaupert

Postby glenwf » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:16 pm

Question...
I don't see how to zoom a picture inserted in the database with the "External Field Type" - PhotoPicker.

I am able to get a little magnification with the iOS 7 feature I read about - 3 finger tap of screen. But to zoom with a 2 finger spreading of the picture doesn't seem to work. I tried it with a high res picture and zooming didn't work either. Is my 2 finger method incorrect?

Thanks for the help.
glenwf

Postby dhaupert » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi there,

If you are in the Edit Record or a form screen you tap the image which brings it up to a dialog showing the image and says 'Select Image' at the top. Now on this screen you can zoom in with the traditional two finger zoom (opposite of pinch) gesture!
dhaupert

Postby glenwf » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:51 pm

I have a form full screen tall and room for 4 pictures inserted side by side with Field Type "External" and External Field Type "PhotoPicker".

When looking at that long form I can scroll through 4 pictures. If I tap one I don't get any dialogue "select image".

If I tap on an image it grays out until I take my finger off the screen then the gray selection disappears. This is not in the editing mode, but the viewing mode. That is when I wanted to zoom in.

Am I still doing something wrong? If you want to look at the settings or action I'm seeing the database is posted as "Flash Card Photo".

Thanks for taking the time on such a small matter.
glenwf

Postby dhaupert » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi there,

When you have a form you need a button to go to the external field. Pressing the image when the data source is set to the Text Field for the file name means you can't follow the external so you have to add a button to the screen that points to the external field and then can be set to Follow Link/Linked/External. Once you have that button you can go to the screen where you can zoom in and choose a different image..
dhaupert

Postby glenwf » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:16 pm

Dave (or anybody), is there a database that I can see that uses this zoom technique so I can get a better idea how it is done?

Thanks.
glenwf

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:20 pm

Hi Glen,

Attaching a database here that you can do this with. Here are the steps:

Sell_on_eBay.PDB.zip
(2.95 KiB) Downloaded 30 times

Unzip the zip file attached.
Open sell on ebay orig after installing to your device.
Open a record and press the edit button. Now press the image field called Product Image. It should go to a separate screen with the name Select image on it. Now choose an image from your photo library or take one.
When you return to this screen, you should be able to zoom in by the pinch/zoom gesture you're used to.

Let me know if you have any issues!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby glenwf » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:20 pm

Thanks Dave. My database is created correctly and I now see that the zoom works in the edit record mode.

I wonder if that zoom feature can be made to work from inside a form with a picture on it? I looked at the properties of the images on my forms and they are pointing to a field "MV image, Field Value" with a button beside the picture that is pointing to a field "Pick MV", Field Value". Both with the action "Follow Link/Relationship/External".

Since I was working from the forms, I never noticed the zoom before.

Thanks.

PS. Like the two finger swipe you put in to move to top or bottom of records. I don't think you mentioned it before this did you. I try to keep watch to learn...
Last edited by glenwf on Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
glenwf

Postby glenwf » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:41 pm

BTW, when I was working up my database a couple years ago that used images and forms I wanted to outline how I did it so I wouldn't be so confused the next time I wanted to do it.

Attached - Directions for using images or photos in a database and in forms.
Outline format for easy to follow directions.
I made this after my confusions and problems getting the various directions to work. Half of the problem was following the long sentences and gleaning the information out of them.

I hope it is correct (pretty sure it is) because I'm adding it as an attachment for anybody else that might need this outline format directions.
Hope somebody finds it useful.
Attachments
HanDBase Photos.jpg
Outline of how to include photographs into a database and forms.
HanDBase Photos.jpg (235.57 KiB) Viewed 1011 times
glenwf

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch