HanDBase Forms - Released!

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

HanDBase Forms - Released!

Postby dhaupert » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:08 am

Hi there,

As of late last evening HanDBase Forms is finally available for Android! I thank you for your patience and support- it's been a long road to get here.

A few notes that will help you get started:

- It's available at this time as an In App Purchase (in App Billing is Google's wording) on the Google Play Store. This means the purchase is done within the App, and in our case, in context of where the feature resides- in the DB Properties screen there is a choice now for Forms. If you don't have Forms purchased, pressing that button will take you to Google Play and let you purchase the add-on. Once purchased, tapping that icon will just take you to the Forms designer.

- If you purchased via Amazon, I have yet to work on the in app purchase code for enabling it there. I'm going to look into this over the next week and try to find a way to support both.

- If you purchased via our site (via a special link given to those who don't have Google Play) I am working on a solution there as well and will update here when I have it.

- The documentation is now available. It's a separate PDF from the main documentation:
http://www.ddhsoftware.com/knowledgebase.html?read=381

- Brian is working on some videos that can help you get started. I plan on creating a PDF tutorial in the coming days. Will update this post when these are available!
dhaupert

Re: HanDBase Forms - Released!

Postby Homoran » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:22 am

Hi to all,
I just bought the HandBase Forms App-in.

Until now I worked with exported csv-files, which I imported in HandBase for Android.
Now I tried to create some forms directly on my Galaxy Tab (the old one) under Android 2.3

The I remebered my HandBase for Desktop ( I bought the Enterprise version) and installed it again.

Windows 7 Home Premium
Handbase Desktop 4.7.5
HandBase Enterprise for Android add-on 4.6.1. build R1

But I only have trouble with it:
I get a lot of messages like: "access violation" and "abnormal program termination"
When trying to create a form with the desktop version, I don't succeed in istalling it on the android device (the field is left blank).

doing a sync, the pdb on the desktop is overwritten by the one of the tablet (without form) :(

I also have a 10" tablet with Android 4.0 and a Samsung Galaxy S phone with also 2.3.
How can I install the forms to them? Have I to buy the in-app for each?

Thanks in advance
Rainer
Homoran

Postby dhaupert » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:25 am

Hi Rainer,

Thanks for your post and sorry for the delayed reply! I didn't see your response until just now.

First off, as mentioned in my post above, the desktop and forms designer have to be updated and that is something I am working on. I thought I'd have it sooner but have worked on several bug fix updates instead over the last two weeks. I am working on it today and hope to release it next week. I'm not aware of anything that would cause the error messages though, so if you have something that can be duplicated, please let me know how to make it happen so I can try it here and fix it!

Regarding the other devices, if they are on your same Google Play account you should be able to get the in-app without buying it again for those devices. When you go to purchase, the app will recognize you already had it and let you use the new feature.
dhaupert

Postby JoeH » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:01 am

I've seen you've been busy with updates, but I just thought I'd make a note about Amazon purchasers missing out on the fun...!

Thanks!
JoeH

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:29 am

Yes you are right and we apologize for that. We will be addressing Amazon soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby Cassius » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:55 am

I'm having an issue with the forms disappearing on my Nexsus 10 when copying an existing database. Sometimes they show up but most of the times they don't.
Cassius

Postby dhaupert » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:22 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear you're seeing an issue. Can you describe the process by which you're making a copy? Also, what is the name of the database and the file name?

Thanks in advance.
dhaupert

Postby JoeH » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:01 am

Its been a little while since I last asked... Is there any alternative for the few of us that purchased a copy from the amazon app store?

Thank ,
Joe
JoeH

Postby dhaupert » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:22 am

Hi Joe,

Indeed there is an option for you. Please email me and I'll send you a promo code that will let you buy the forms from our website for the $5.00 add-on cost!

My email is below..
dhaupert

Postby JoseSilvestre » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:19 am

Hi. Congratulations for the work, I began using the HandBase and I loved this software

I had a problem with the forms. I created some forms and I need to change the form sometimes, when I change the for in my tablet using the form propeties and change the form will be start on editing or new record appear a message "the HandBase stopped". This happen in 3 of 9 forms.

What's happening with the forms? All the forms are a copy of the first, with some differences.
JoseSilvestre

Next

Return to HanDBase for Android