synchronise data to source database from different PDA's

Discussion of HanDBase running on Windows Mobile Classic and Professional (formerly Pocket PC) devices and smartphones and syncing with a desktop computer.

synchronise data to source database from different PDA's

Postby nomvulam » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:48 am

hi
i'm new here, still using the trial version to see if this works for me but so far so good,
1. i need to know that installing HanDBase in one deskop(to use as source data) and use by different users using Pocket PC will it work, or i'll need to get licences for all my PDA's?
2. when different PDA users need to synchronise data into my source deskop how do i do that without overwritting data loaded by the first user.

thanks
nomvulam

Re: synchronise data to source database from different PDA's

Postby dhaupert » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:42 am

nomvulam wrote:hi
i'm new here, still using the trial version to see if this works for me but so far so good,
1. i need to know that installing HanDBase in one deskop(to use as source data) and use by different users using Pocket PC will it work, or i'll need to get licences for all my PDA's?
2. when different PDA users need to synchronise data into my source deskop how do i do that without overwritting data loaded by the first user.

thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for your interest! You need a license for each PDA that you have. The packages like HanDBase Plus and HanDBase Professional include licenses for a single PDA and a single Desktop. You can purchase additional licenses for either as needed.

In regards to #2, each users' data is kept separate on the desktop so they don't interfere with each other. If there is a database you'd like to sync to both of them, you can override this and use a shared location for both of them to sync to.

Hope this helps!
dhaupert

Postby nomvulam » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:06 am

thanks for a quick response
to make sure that i fully understand you let me tell you my scenario. i have access database sitting in one PC and 5 users doing data capturing/collection using PDA's, each user does the capturing on the PDA comes back and upload the data into the PC
nomvulam

Postby dhaupert » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:41 am

nomvulam wrote:thanks for a quick response
to make sure that i fully understand you let me tell you my scenario. i have access database sitting in one PC and 5 users doing data capturing/collection using PDA's, each user does the capturing on the PDA comes back and upload the data into the PC

Hi again,

Thanks for the additional information. Will they all be synchronizing with the same PC, or each with their own PC? If they are all syncing with the same PC, my recommendation would be to purchase 1 copy of HanDBase Professional and 4 additional copies of HanDBase (standard edition (eg, not Plus, Professional or Enterprise). This way they can all have their licensed handheld version and then the main computer has Professional which includes the 5th user's handheld license, and the Access syncing conduit and desktop software.

So basically, 1 of these: http://www.ddhsoftware.com/description. ... 1&plat=ppc
and 4 of these: http://www.ddhsoftware.com/description. ... 1&plat=ppc
Hope this makes sense!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Windows Mobile Classic and Professional