forms in Pocket PC - weird

Discussion of HanDBase running on Windows Mobile Classic and Professional (formerly Pocket PC) devices and smartphones and syncing with a desktop computer.

forms in Pocket PC - weird

Postby nomvulam » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:06 am

hi
i've created a database together with forms using deskop and i can run my forms fine creating new records, editing and all but then when i sync with the handheld i can see the database and forms fine but i'm unable to view/make any changes in my form view as it's in design view..
nomvulam

Re: forms in Pocket PC - weird

Postby dhaupert » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:31 am

Hi,

Please don't mind the fact that I moved your posting to the proper forum. Just trying to keep things tidy!

It sounds like you are opening the HB Forms icon instead of the HanDBase 4 icon. On the Pocket PC they are separate programs (though integrated). If you open HanDBase 4 and open the database to the list view. Tapping a record should open appropriately to the form.

Let me know if this is not the case!
dhaupert

Postby nomvulam » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:41 am

thanks, i just realized that but only if i created the forms in the handheld then i'm able to view them as you say but if i've created them on my desktop then load in to the handheld it's doesn't happen
nomvulam

Postby dhaupert » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:42 am

When you create the forms on the handheld, the first form you create is automatically set to be the start form on the Pocket PC. If you do it on the desktop, I'm not sure that is the case. Here's what I'd suggest:

On either the desktop or the Pocket PC, open the forms you have designed in the Forms section of the DB Properties screen.
Choose the form you'd like to to display first when you open a record.
If using the desktop:
- double click the form and then in the details dialog, check the boxes that indicate the form being the start form for Pocket PC for edit and new records
If using the handheld:
Choose the database and then choose 'Details'. Now check the boxes that indicate the form being the start form for Pocket PC for edit and new records

Try opening a record again and you should see the form displayed!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Windows Mobile Classic and Professional