Delete users from BD Browser

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Delete users from BD Browser

Postby joemac » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:50 pm

Does anybody know how to delete users from DB Browser in HanDBase Desktop for Windows?

I tried <File> <Open> and then when the Select a HanDBase Database File window appeared I tried "Manage Users" but when I tried to select a custom user, no user appeared for me to delete.

The user I want to delete It’s a Palm OS user that I no longer use since moving to iPhone. The DB files have been archived and deleted, but the user still remains and I want to clean it out of the Browser because it always appears first on the list even though it doesn't exist.

Any ideas ?
joemac

Re: Delete users from BD Browser

Postby dhaupert » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:28 pm

The only users we manage are the custom users. The rest we get from the device lists for those platforms. In other words, the Palm User list is populated by asking the Palm Desktop software for a list of Palm users. So to get rid of them from the list, you'd have to go to the Palm Desktop software (or the Hotsync icon if still shown in your tray) and manage the users from there. Should be a delete option there!
dhaupert

Postby joemac » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:42 am

Excellent, worked perfectly. Thanks for the help Dave.
joemac

Postby idamtnboy » Wed May 21, 2014 9:25 pm

joemac wrote:Does anybody know how to delete users from DB Browser in HanDBase Desktop for Windows?

I tried <File> <Open> and then when the Select a HanDBase Database File window appeared I tried "Manage Users" but when I tried to select a custom user, no user appeared for me to delete.

The user I want to delete It’s a Palm OS user that I no longer use since moving to iPhone. The DB files have been archived and deleted, but the user still remains and I want to clean it out of the Browser because it always appears first on the list even though it doesn't exist.

Any ideas ?

I had this same issue, but I still wanted to use Palm Desktop for my PIM. I was able to clear the Palm users from the Handbase open dialog by doing a hack on the Handbase executable using a hex editor. Found the reference to Palm and changed one character. Works like a charm. Be aware this action is absolutely not supported by Dave so if you try it, and have a problem, don't call him!
idamtnboy

Return to HanDBase for Windows