I LIKE it!

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

I LIKE it!

Postby Mixer1 » Wed May 20, 2009 11:46 pm

Dave,

I really like the forum setup. It's SO nice being able to subscribe only to platforms that interest me. It was a bit confusing. If you see a Checkbox and "Subscribe" that means you aren't subscribed. It sort of reminded me of the Word Press Phenomenon where people see a post with "No Comments" under it and they think that means "No, You are not allowed to comment". But it really means "There are no comments yet."

And don't be surprised if the majority of people don't "move over" until AFTER the day you say you are pulling the plug on the "OLD"

Again, thanks for doing this.
Mixer1

Re: I LIKE it!

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Thu May 21, 2009 6:54 am

Mixer1 wrote:Dave,

I really like the forum setup. It's SO nice being able to subscribe only to platforms that interest me. It was a bit confusing. If you see a Checkbox and "Subscribe" that means you aren't subscribed. It sort of reminded me of the Word Press Phenomenon where people see a post with "No Comments" under it and they think that means "No, You are not allowed to comment". But it really means "There are no comments yet."

And don't be surprised if the majority of people don't "move over" until AFTER the day you say you are pulling the plug on the "OLD"

Again, thanks for doing this.

I know exactly what you mean. I have had some trouble when doing options on various mobile devices for this very reason. For example, on the iPhone, if I have an option like:

Field is Visible

I wondered- should I show a check box next to it if set? but then what if it's not set, an x next to Field is Visible? Or should I say Field is Not Visible and then when they select it says Field is Visible? I opted for the latter choice, but always wonder what's the best way!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Re: I LIKE it!

Postby lagunacreek » Fri May 29, 2009 7:11 pm

Ok so I am doing a few posts! This is a great format... WTG... Thanks!
lagunacreek

Return to HanDBase General Discussion