X Access Violation Error

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

X Access Violation Error

Postby b2b » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:09 am

X ACCESS VIOLATION AT ADDRESS 495F0000, READ OF ADDRESS 495F0000

I'm still getting the above error while utilizing the Windows Desktop Forms Designer.

I tried Replying to my previous "Exception Errors" Topic dated Nov 12, 2013 but for some reason after I Submitted it, it didn't show up. So I'm posting this message as a New Topic.

I've been struggling with the possibility that maybe it's my setup on my laptop computer, but other's mentioning the same or similar problem seems to negate this possibility. I'm not having any other issues with any of my installed software. It's only HanDBase. It seems to be related to the latest release of HanDBase for Windows Desktop and in particular the Forms Designer. I hadn't had any issues with the prior versions of HanDBase on this laptop.

To clarify I believe I have the latest Windows Desktop Version: 4.7.5, I'm not having any problems with either the Android or the iPOD Touch versions.

I can tell you that while in the Forms Designer I see the same thing happening. When I try and place an object, Example: place a Label or a Field on the form itself, quite often the object will disappear after I've placed it. I've noticed that in some cases the object that disappeared will be hidden behind another object I had already placed. Keep in mind this isn't always the case. Other times the object placed is just gone. However, I've noticed sometimes if I save the form and then re-open it in Forms Designer the object that disappeared will show up right where I had placed it. But most of the time it's just gone. When this situation occurs is usually when the ACCESS VIOLATION occurs. If not in the Forms Desinger session then after closing Forms Designer and then trying to open the Database with the Form I created (or partially created form) is when I see the error.

I hope you can help.
b2b

Re: X Access Violation Error

Postby dhaupert » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:35 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. Very sorry to hear about the problems you're having. I don't know for sure what could be wrong but I have a suspicion that you have two or more controls with the same ID and this is causing all sorts of unintended consequences. I would like to work with you and your databases and forms to figure out what is going on. Please email me at my address below and we'll take it from there!
dhaupert

Postby rundlegd » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:14 pm

I also am getting a Access violation when trying to add elements to a form
The message is:
Access violation at address 004F0ACC in module hbforms.exe. Read of address 406E776F

I tried adding a new form to the project but as soon as I start to add an object to it (pop-up or Edit field) it gives the error.
It is as if the "_HDF.PDB' file has gotten corrupted.
There are already 4 other forms in this project and once in awhile they seem to cause problems when I try to modify them.

Rodney Shaver
Calgary
rundlegd

Postby dhaupert » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:33 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately there was a bug in the form designer on Windows that made it possible for a form to have two or more controls with the same unique ID. This causes a myriad of issues and is basically at that point a corrupt form. I did fix this issue and released an update late last week to prevent the duplicates from happening but any forms that had this issue would need to be deleted and recreated to get rid of the corruption. Please let me know if you see any problems with the latest update and a new set of forms and very sorry for the inconvenience!
dhaupert

Postby rundlegd » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:31 pm

I have recreated the 5 forms that were in one project and have not had any further problems with errors or positioning /selection objects in a form.

Thanks for the fix and letting us know.

Rodney Shaver
Calgary
rundlegd

Return to HanDBase for Windows