photo names

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

photo names

Postby fritzmom » Wed May 14, 2014 4:11 pm

Hi All

iPod Touch 5th gen iOS v 6.1.3
HanDBase for iPhone latest version
HanDBase Prof v 4.7.5 for Windows

I am learning how to include photos in my DBs.
I have just modified my bird list db to include photos I've taken of the birds that I've seen in the backyard. So far, so good. I have photos in my iPod touch in an album called 'Birds'. I can edit an existing record to now include a photo of that bird. I followed the online HanDBase for iPhone Tutorial. My question is: The 'Image File Name' shows as 'Bird_Journal_imgBarbs iPod000003.jpg' Is there anyway to change that name to the actual name of the bird or a date that the photo was taken? I don't know if this is a HanDBase question or an iPhone question, but I can't even find a way to name the photos in my Touch. Maybe that's the answer to my question??

Any help and guidance will be appreciated.

Barb
fritzmom

Re: photo names

Postby Brian_Houghton » Thu May 15, 2014 5:25 am

Hi Barb,

Thanks for writing.

HanDBase will rename images to have a specific naming convention so that the file is associated with the database it is used with. At present there is no way to alter this and retain the links between the images and databases. We will add this to the feature request list for the future.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch