HanDBase v4.9.04 has been submitted to the App Store

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Re: HanDBase v4.9.04 has been submitted to the App Store

Postby tsetzer » Mon May 05, 2014 3:12 pm

This is happening on the iPhone, not my desktop. I do not sync this to the desktop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tsetzer

Postby dhaupert » Mon May 05, 2014 3:34 pm

Unfortunately it has to be hooked up to the desktop to get the crash logs. As far as I know there is no way to access them without connecting it.

There is an application you can download for desktops called iPhone configuration utility and you get it from Apple's site by Googling it- you still need a desktop but you don't have to sync with iTunes- just install the app and plug it in to the desktop to access the crash logs and other notes..
dhaupert

Postby tsetzer » Mon May 05, 2014 5:17 pm

I synced the database to my desktop and found the crash files. There are no files with dates in 2014 and this just happened today.

tsetzer

Postby tsetzer » Mon May 05, 2014 6:00 pm

On another note. Downloading updates to my iPad from Dropbox is still working fine.

tsetzer

Postby tsetzer » Thu May 08, 2014 7:06 pm

Any suggestions for me?

tsetzer

Postby tsetzer » Tue May 13, 2014 6:13 am

Please help. What other info do you need from me? Have loved HanDBase but this issue is going to make me look for an alternative if it cannot be resolved. I must be able to download and merge from Dropbox.

tsetzer

Postby jensen.todd » Wed May 14, 2014 3:08 pm

I believe I am having the same issue that tsetzer is reporting. Like tsetzer, I can still receive .pdb files that don't already exist on my iPhone. The problem is limited to .pdb files I already have on my iPhone. It crashes just before the usual screen where it asks whether I want to merge, overwrite, or cancel appears.

I am NOT using dropbox. HanDBase crashes when I try to download a file the way I've always done it, directly out of an email. This happens consistently, and it's been happening a few days now. If I remember correctly, in my case the problem also began when I updated to HanDBase for iPhone v 4.9.04. I've tried the standard stuff like killing and reopening the app, restarting my iPhone, etc.

I am using an iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1.1. Dave, I'm willing to download that Iphone Configuration utility and see what I can come up with. If this would still be helpful, please let me know...
jensen.todd

Postby Alanwestwood » Thu May 15, 2014 2:19 am

Yep, thought I'd take a look at this issue, and I can reproduce it with ease. If I Airdrop a pdb from my iPad to my iPhone it crashes if the pdb already exists on the iPhone. Simple workaround for me is to use a different name for the iPhone database, copy or move records from the newly imported file to the old one, then just delete the imported one after use.

I hadn't noticed it because I normally transfer data from my iPhone to my iPad. This is not too much of a problem for me, but obviously having to use a workaround for the occasional transfer the other way is not really ideal.

Cheers, Alan.
Alanwestwood

Postby Brian_Houghton » Thu May 15, 2014 5:21 am

Hi all,

Thanks for your reports of this. We are looking into the problem but so far the main issue is that neither Dave nor I have been able to successfully duplicate the problem yet.

If possible, it would be great if any of you that sync with iTunes could send us the crash logs that are generated. Please send them to me at support @ ddhsoftware . com (minus the spaces).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby Alanwestwood » Thu May 15, 2014 12:43 pm

Hi Brian,

I'll generate some errors by Airdropping pdb's to my iPhone, then send you the crash log - I've done that often for Abvio, Wahoo Fitness, and Stages, as I beta test for them all. Should be able to to do this later this evening (UK time).

Cheers, Alan.

Edit 20:40 15th May 2014 Just sent the email with a CrashReporter.zip
Last edited by Alanwestwood on Thu May 15, 2014 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alanwestwood

PreviousNext

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch