Problems synching between Desktop & iPhone

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Problems synching between Desktop & iPhone

Postby vervetvixen » Fri May 16, 2014 12:57 pm

Hi,

I'm hoping some one can help me.

I have HandBase Enterprise on my Windows 8 desktop and the app installed on my iPhone 5. In the past, I have been able to 'sync' between the 2 and send files from my desktop to my iPhone, but now I can't. Both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network and I'm typing in the address correctly. When I attempt a sync, the application on the phone closes immediately and I get an error message on my desktop that reads:
"The handset has only the default ddatabases installed on it, but the desktop has other databases. This could happen if you deleted and then reinstalled the HanDbase program on your iPhone/ipad/ipod Touch device. Would you like to restore the desktop stored databases to your iOS Device now?"
When I click 'Yes' I get this message:
"Access violation at address 0049FA44 in module 'iphonesync.exe'. Read of address 00002DA8.
And then nothing happens.

I never deleted HanDbase from my iPhone, so I don't know why I'm getting this error message, but now I can't transfer any databases from my desktop version to my iPhone.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance
vervetvixen

Re: Problems synching between Desktop & iPhone

Postby dhaupert » Mon May 19, 2014 11:55 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear of the trouble you're having. I can provide some steps to try to isolate the issue and hopefully locate a solution. Can you try connecting from a desktop browser and seeing if you get the normal screen with a list of databases? If so, I will provide you with some steps to try from there.
dhaupert

Postby Philophile » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:28 pm

I have the same problem described in the initial post, except that I did delete my iPod Touch app (version 4.9.05, running on iOS 7.1.2) - I was left with a black screen and no functionality on exiting a data file and could find no advice on how to fix it. I would appreciate getting information on how to restore the data files residing on my Windows Desktop (version 4.7.5, with iPhone/iPad Add-on, 4.7.7, Build R2, running on Windows 8 Touch) to my iPod.

Thanks.
Philophile

Postby dhaupert » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:41 am

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you experienced this issue as well. You can manually install the databases back to the device by following these steps:

In the My Documents\HanDBase folder you should find the folder with your username. Go into that folder and you should see all of your databases.

Now select all of the pdb files in this folder and choose copy (ctrl-c).
Within that folder is an install folder, go into that and select paste (ctrl-v) and the files will be queued up to install on the next sync.

Now after your initial sync, you should have all of your files back on your device!
dhaupert

Postby Philophile » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:57 pm

That worked.

Thank you.
Philophile

Return to HanDBase for Windows