Recalculate database in desktop

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Recalculate database in desktop

Postby idamtnboy » Wed May 21, 2014 9:14 pm

How do I force a recalculation of the database while working on it in the desktop version? I have some relationship fields that are giving me trouble with incorrect calculations so I am rearranging the field order in order to get things to calculate properly. However, when I change the field order in the view, the conditional fields do not update. How do I make them update so I can tell if I've the got the field order correct?
idamtnboy

Re: Recalculate database in desktop

Postby Brian_Houghton » Thu May 22, 2014 5:34 am

Hi,

Thanks for posting.

In HanDBase Desktop, you will need to follow the relationship to the child database to refresh the value, since it does not automatically refresh those values like on the handheld.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby idamtnboy » Thu May 22, 2014 5:37 pm

I'm referring to calculations all within the same database. The references are all field to field and field to previous field in the same DB. When I finished editing the DB properties to rearrange the field order the field values did not recalculate. When I closed and reopened the DB the recalculations were performed. How do I accomplish the same thing without having to close and reopen the DB?
idamtnboy

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat May 31, 2014 10:05 am

Are you using relationship fields to relate to other fields within the same database?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for Windows